At last! It is now available. The much awaited ajax-based version of Yahoo mail – in beta version – is now available to those who registered for its trial at http://mail.yahoo.com. Some of the main new features include:
- automatic refresh to fetch out new mails,
- composing emails in rich format,
- automatic email preview in preview pane,
- improved look and feel,
- easier access to "show images" button when html images have been hidden (security options),
- faster access to address book.
There must be many new features but I haven't tried them yet.
For further reference on Ajax and links enabling you top compare the new Yahoo mail interface to Zimbra, click here.